Development and Fundraising Internship
This intern will assist in developing and carrying out fundraising for non-profit clients including; grant research and writing, major donor solicitation, direct mail/marketing, social media and public relations efforts, special event planning, and other fundraising tasks.
Also, interns will have the opportunity to work as a team member on diverse client engagements to include manufacturing, not-for-profit, government, healthcare, education, construction, dealerships, food and agriculture, and financial institution clients.
Specific Responsibilities may include:
- Research and write grants
- Assist in grant reporting
- Donation processing and acknowledgement letter generation
- Update marketing materials, maintain social media and website, perform public relations efforts
- Write content for monthly e-newsletter and quarterly newsletter
- Assist in special event coordination and implementation
- Prospect research for major donors (individuals and corporations)
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Ability to work a flexible Monday through Friday schedule with occasional need for assistance during special events
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Understanding of finances and fundraising for a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization
- General computer, database, and organizational skills
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Ability to multi-task
Note: This is an unpaid internship that offers the ability to earn college credits and gain valuable non-profit development and fundraising experience.